PLS Dispatch Pro
2021 Lesson 8: Caller Stabbed Boyfriend & Armed Home Invasion
This one-hour training prepares 911 dispatchers to handle calls in which a person reports an attempted kidnapping and a roommate homicide. In the first section, a caller reports that she just stabbed and killed her boyfriend because he was cheating on her. This section addresses:
- The importance of first obtaining the location information before moving on to other aspects of the emergency.
- Obtaining the layout of a residence to aid responders.
- Keeping emotions under control when a caller reports something shocking or offensive.
- Determining how many weapons are present, their types/descriptions, and where they are located.
- Obtaining clarification regarding a caller’s contradictory statements.
- Phrasing questions in a non-accusatory manner when the caller is a suspect.
- Preserving crime scene integrity.
- Officer safety.
In the second section an elderly couple calls to report they are the victims of a home invasion robbery by escapees from a local prison. This section addresses:
- Verify location information and asking for a callback number.
- Identifying safe places for callers to wait for responders.
- Obtaining suspect/vehicle descriptions.
- Obtaining a suspect’s direction of travel.
- Obtaining and relaying weapon information to law enforcement officers.
- Asking questions to prompt a caller’s memory.