PLS Dispatch Pro
2022 Lesson 1: Father-Son Domestic and Man Breaks into Occupied Home
This one-hour training helps prepare dispatchers to handle 9-1-1 calls involving father-son domestic disputes and break-ins of occupied homes. In the first section, a woman reports that her husband and son are brawling inside a home. The section addresses:
- Getting callers to safety.
- Obtaining control of the interview at the outset.
- Obtaining weapon information.
- Providing assurances.
- Exercising repetitive persistence.
- Determine if anyone at a scene is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, etc. and/or is experiencing a mental health issue.
In the second section, a woman with two children in the home reports that a man broke into her home and is now lying on her bedroom floor. The section addresses:
- The recommended salutation.
- Helping callers who are struggling to provide a street address.
- Caller safety.
- Utilizing calming techniques.
- Determining who else at the scene the caller is interacting with.
- Acknowledging a caller’s emotions.