PLS Dispatch Pro
2022 Lesson 3: Doctor Assaulted-Shoots Patient and Caller Shot Girlfriend
This one-hour training helps prepare 9-1-1 dispatchers for calls involving an assault against a doctor and callers who shoot their girlfriends. In the first section, a patient reports that his doctor has been assaulted by a patient and then shot the patient. This section addresses:
- Transfer handoffs.
- Scene safety.
- Identifying the location of any weapons involved.
- Listening closely to what a caller says – or doesn’t say – and behaviors that suggest they are not being as forthcoming as possible.
- Preserving a crime scene.
In the second section, a caller reports that he had an argument with his girlfriend, then shot her in the head, and is now holding a rag to her injuries. The section addresses:
- Obtaining a specific home layout.
- Obtaining a caller’s narrative.
- Issues involved in asking a person who has injured another to provide aid to the victim.
- Recognizing and following up on red flags during an interview.
- Establishing who/how many people are at a scene so that responding personnel can prepare accordingly.
- Updating responders when a caller’s demeanor changes significantly.