Dispatch Pro Lesson Summaries
2023 Dispatch Pro Lesson 6
This one-hour online training will walk the taker through each of the major components of call taking while breaking down and analyzing a real 9-1-1 call. The lesson will challenge the taker to think critically while providing tips and techniques to enhance their skillset. In addition, it will provide the background and resolution of the incident as well as links to additional resources to expand the taker’s knowledgebase. This lesson consists of the following 9-1-1 calls:
Call 1: A caller reporting that his wife is missing.
1. Crime scene preservation.
2. Using calming techniques.
3. Following up on necessary topics.
4. Gathering information on multiple locations.
5. Establishing timelines.
Learning Point: Find My App & Workout Trackers.
Call 2: A caller reporting that his neighbor has been shot by her husband.
1. Following the standard questioning format.
2. Maintaining the caller’s attention.
3. Addressing caller safety.
4. The importance of assurances.
5. Obtaining detailed descriptions.
Learning Point: Crisis Negotiation Teams
1. What You Should Know About Attention-Seeking Behavior in Adults.
2. Attention Seeking Behavior: Examples & How to Stop.
3. What is self-inflicted injury?
4. Domestic Murder-Suicide: A Compound Tragedy.
5. Treatment and Recovery for a Severed Finger.
6. Why Do Head Injuries Bleed so Much?