top of page
Jail Pro Lesson Summaries
2022 Lesson 2: Caselaw Update
This lesson provides legal training for jailers and correctional officers through an analysis of three Target Cases answering the following questions:
- What obligation do jailers have to correctly determine an inmate’s gender when deciding where to house the inmate?
- How do jail inmate grievance processes operate?
- Why is it important that jailers understand how their jail’s grievance process operates?
- What happens when a jail does not administer its own grievance process properly?
- Do inmates have a constitutional right to marry?
- What limitations can a jail constitutionally place on inmate requests to marry?
bottom of page