top of page
Jail Pro Lesson Summaries
2022 Lesson 3: Caselaw Update
This lesson provides legal training for jailers and correctional officers through an analysis of three Target Cases answering the following questions:
- Can jailers confiscate forms from inmates when those forms could be used to file fraudulent liens?
- What is Ramadan?
- What obligation do jailers have to accommodate inmates’ nutritional requirements during Ramadan?
- When does a jailer have an obligation to help an inmate seek medical care?
- Does an inmate’s constitutional right to medical care include illnesses that do not present an apparent risk of death?
- When an inmate’s own behavior causes a serious medical need to arise, what is the jailer’s responsibility?
bottom of page