top of page
Jail Pro Lesson Summaries
2022 Lesson 4: Caselaw Update
This lesson provides legal training for jailers and correctional officers through an analysis of three Target Cases answering the following questions:
- Does limiting inmates’ access to pictorial sexually explicit materials violate their First Amendment rights?
- What duty does a jail supervisor have to train and supervise their subordinates?
- When can a jail supervisor be held liable for unconstitutional acts by their subordinates?
- When can a county be held liable for injuries to jail inmates?
- Why must jailers refrain from retaliating against an inmate who files grievances against jail staff?
bottom of page